Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm home. Lol.

I forgot to mention that I came home last Sunday night. But I've bin very busy since and will be for..... well the rest of the summer I guess.

I started making these table mats as a wedding present before I went to Reykjavik. I had made 12 paper pieced flowers and cut out all the fabric needed except the binding which I had to buy in the city. I thought it would be a piece of cake to finish it at my moms. Not so. Took me days and that was with my moms help. So I did not do half of what I'd intended to do, like taking walks, visiting friends, going to movies and so on. But it was worth it. I really liked how the table mats turned out. (The table they sit on is a tiny table since the WW2, I'm told the Brits had one for each soldier during their stay here in Iceland)


I got confirmed what I already knew, that I'm absolutely not a PP person. Me and the ripper were "pals" while paper piecing the flowers. I usually have such a good eye for forms so it's a puzzle to me why I cant seem to find the right size of a fabric for each number. Or to make it fit properly. Or to..... Lol. I've decided that it would be best for me to leave this kind of sewing alone. But.... I did not let this bother me as I was determent to let only good thoughts follow the mats to the happy couple.

About the sleep apnea, I got a thing to put in my mouth while I sleep that keeps my chin from falling back. The first night was not very easy but I've slept well since and feel much more refreshed when I wake up than I've felt in years. And I'm not tired and sleepy all the time.

That is just so great.

Sunna.

4 comments:

  1. I love how these table mats turned out. so very pretty. I've never done paper piecing, it just hasn't interested me. Glad you're back and now sleeping better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're sleeping better. I don't sleep well and don't feel rested when I get up. Maybe I need to have that checked! I've done paper piecing but it's not my favorite thing to do. However, I do love the way it looks when I'm finished! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table mats are lovely. It's too bad that the paper piecing was such a struggle, but they did turn out beautifully. I'm glad you're sleeping better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table mats came out great...sorry the paperpiecing was such a chore. At least you found out is wasn't a fun technique for you on a small project - imagine if it was a full size quilt!!

    ReplyDelete