Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Solstice.

Today was cloudy with snowing on and off and it was little lighter than twilight at two pm. so there was no trace of sun for me to photograph. I don't think there would have been any sun shining on the mountain anyway. When I was in next town well over a week ago I noticed that the sun shone on just the highest top of the mountains there.

Today there are 33 - 34 days until the sun shines on my home again, that is if the weather permits. It's traditional to bake sunny pancakes on the day we see the sun (it actually shines on us) I was going to make a post about it last January and had actually taken photos to go with it. Maybe I'll remember to do it when the day comes this time.

I thought a photo of our Christmas tree would be better than nothing. This was taken in 2008 and there are lights on the tree, they just don't show on the photo. I really would like to own a better camera.



We have a normal winter weather at the moment, but they say it will get warm again in a few days, until then it's storms and such.

Today I and hubby gave up, sigh, we went on facebook. Yikes. What a time thief.

Sunna.

3 comments:

  1. Look me up on FB! Can't imagine a month without sunshine. Wishing you a blessed Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you have to create your own "sunshine" -Sunna! This whole computer thing can really eat up time!! Thinking of you on this beautiful sunny (and finally warm enough) day for my laundry to be outside laughing in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy your posts, Sunna. I hope your Christmas was merry and that you will have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete