Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Class with Gudrun Erla from GE Design

Waiting for the teacher to arrive (by plane).



The first block done


Then we took a brake and our teacher, Gudrun Erla from GE Design showed us some of her work. They are so great up close and I am so thankful to her for taking them all with her on this short journey, she flew back to the city with the afternoon plane.









I bought the pattern for this quilt.


And for this one.




Two in our guild are making this one.


This one is special.


And would you look at that quilting, sadly I don't remember the name of this talented quilter. All free motion.



This is the pattern I was making in this class.


Here is a Round Robin project Gudrun did with three very talented designers. You can read about it here. All of them are totally gorgeous.


Quilted by the same quilter as above, absolutely fabulous.



The back.



The other quilt that we could choose to learn how to make.


Guess which one is mine, my MIL knew it right away. I'm using only from stash this year and I want to add two extra blocks to make this a quilt instead of a table topper so the patterned background was the only fabric I had enough of. And it's scrappy, so what else is new.


Here are blocks for the other project.


A very enjoyable day to say the least.

                         Sunna.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - What a wonderful show and tell.I like that a lot of her quilts were unusual shapes. I bet it was hard to only buy 2 patterns. I really love the blocks you are working on they'll make a wonderful quilt . It's really fun that the teacher had to be flown in and out of the class location.

    ReplyDelete