Sunday, November 29, 2009

Finished tops among other things.

Here is my Fractured Star top, it was a mystery from Cynthia at Iowa Star Quilts I had fun making this even though the mystery had been revealed when I started it. The lighter borders are from the only fabric I had enough off to make wide borders, I think it would have been better with some other fabric but there is no quilt shop around here and I was determined to use from my "stash". I really like this top but it's not a good photo of it, I didn't want to take it outside for photoing because of the heavy wind today, I've learned my lesson since The Boxy Start top got so badly frayed corners last winter. I had to cut 1/4" off all around it to fix it.


And here is my Christmas Light top, a mystery from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville It was the same story here, I worked with what I had and also decided to use fabrics I've had difficulty in getting to play nicely with other fabrics, like the blue snow fabric (with white and silver snowflakes) and some of the red fabrics. Also the green fabric has gold trees outlined on it and I found myself always putting it aside when choosing greens for other projects. The red border has all the variety of red colors in it that are in the blocks and although I worried it would be much to red it sort of works out. All that said I kind a like the top. It grows on you. Lol.


My BIL and his wife had their birthdays a few days ago and I made those potholders to give them along with a barbecue pliers (hope pliers is the right word).


You can put your hand inside, my favorite potholders are like that so that's what I made for them. Talk about being self centered. Lol.


And lastly come two photos of blocks I made for a Christmas block swap at Quiltblocswappers on Yahoo. I made three like the block on the top and one like the one on the bottom.



I made one more top this summer from the launch swap blocks, also from Quiltblockswappers but after starting to quilt it I had to put it away due to a birthday party, mine I think and haven't looked at it again. And wont until the end of January but then I absolutely must finish it because my friend who's birthday present it was intended to be has had her birthday. Ouch.
That's it for now, until next Sunday.

Sunna.

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful quilts. I like them all, however my favorite has to be the top one. Great job!! Nice to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koselig å høre fra deg igjen.
    Jeg falt for stjerneteppet ditt, men fint det andre også.
    Ha ei fin førjulstid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! I love them both. I've been tempted to do the Quiltville one, but need to finish up some other things first. Your blocks are very pretty also, and what a great idea with the potholders.

    ReplyDelete